The University Management on the recommendation of the University Senate which held an emergency meeting on Friday 20th March, 2020, has resolved as follows:
1. That the University should proceed on a one month break commencing Monday 23rd March, 2020.
2. That all academic activities in the University be suspended forthwith for 30 days commencing Monday 23rd March, 2019.
2. That all students should vacate the hostels on or before Monday 23rd March, 2020.
3. That Lectures would resume on Thursday 23rd of April, 2020.
4. That the holiday does not include staff.
5. That all Workshops, Conferences, Seminars and Symposiums earlier scheduled to hold on the University are hereby cancelled.
6. That all staff earlier scheduled to attend Workshops, Conferences and Symposiums outside the University or abroad are to desist from such trips with immediate effect and until further notice.
7. That all invitation to international partners and collaborators are hereby cancelled.
The University Management wishes all students safe journey to their respective homes and advise all staff to continue to observe the safety precautions in and outside the University environment.