Igbinedion University Okada in Collaboration with the Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) Nigeria Council invites the general public to a 3 day Student Technical Symposium and Exhibition holding at Igbinedion University Okada between Thursday 20th and Saturday 22nd of February, 2020.
The event whose participants are drawn from all SPE Chapters in Nigerian Universities, Professional bodies, stakeholders in Oil and Gas, Academic and Non Academic Professionals would feature petrol-quiz contest, technical paper presentations by professional bodies, Academic paper presentation by student from various SPE Chapters, Energy Challenge Exhibition by students to showcase their innovation and creativity, Ambassadorial lecture programs, among others activities.
The Symposium/Exhibition program would be declared open by the Vice Chancellor Prof. Lawrence Ikechukwu Ezemonye (Ph.D), FAS. as the Chief host. The event holds under the Chairmanship of the SPE Nigerian Council Chairman Engineer Joe Nwakue. Other notable personalities expected at the 3 day interactive and Capacity building event for Petroleum Engineering students across Nigeria Universities includes; Mr. Debo Fagbami, Immediate Past Council Chairman and all current members of the council including sectional Council Chair of Benin, Lagos, among others.
Igbinedion University Okada won the hosting right of the Symposium because of its outstanding achievements in the SPE national, regional and international competitions including;
- Winner of 2014, 2015 and 2016 SPE African Regional Petrobowl qualifier
- Nigeria Representative at petrobowl in the United State 2015;
- Nigeria Representative at Petrobowl quiz Competition in Nigeria 2016,
- International outstanding Chapter award in Dallas USA 2018
- 1st Private University to win Outstanding Student Award and
- 1st Private University to win the Girl-In-STEM Leadership Award, 2018.
Dr. Edwin Okoro.