Functions of the Library
In the law establishing the Igbinedion University, Okada, objectives of the university are stated as follows:
● To train qualified personnel imbued with the spirit of service and development;
● To offer wide opportunities for higher education to all persons. ..
● To train scientists, engineers, doctors, teachers, economists, lawyers and other professionals;
● To carry out research in problems relating to the development of the national economy, science and technology and culture and to advance knowledge;
● To train teachers and academic research staff for the universities and other higher educational institutions;
● To promote scientific knowledge and disseminate its results for socio-economic benefits;
● To undertake any other activities appropriate for a university of the highest standard.
The keywords emanating from the objectives as set out above are: training ; research ; advancement of knowledge ; dissemination . Against the foregoing
background, therefore, the objective of the University Library is the provision and proper organization of teaching, learning and research materials in all formats and in all disciplines in the university for the realization of the objectives as enunciated in the enabling law. In addition to the curative functions in providing these materials, the library will also provide the enabling conducive space for collaborative study, learning, research and knowledge advancement.