Objectives of the B.Sc. degree programme in BIOCHEMISTRY
1. To inculcate into the students a broad-scientific discipline.
2. To provide students with a broad and balanced foundation of biochemical knowledge
and practical skills.
3. To develop in students the ability to apply knowledge and skills to solving theoretical
and practical problems in biochemistry.
4. To develop in students, a range of transferable skills that are of value in biochemical
and non-biochemical employment.
5. To provide student with knowledge and skills base, from which they can proceed to
further studies in specialized areas of biochemistry or multidisciplinary areas
6. To provide thorough training and orientation, an appreciation of the solitary rewards
of inter-and multidisciplinary approach to the solution of complex life problems.
7. To generate in students, an appreciation of the importance of biochemistry in
industrial, economy, environment, technology and social development.
8. To instill in students a sense enthusiasm for biochemistry, in appreciation of its
application in different contexts and to involve them in an intellectually stimulating
and satisfying experience of learning and studying.
9. To provide a solid academic background upon which to build more advanced degrees
in (M.Sc., PhD)