GOALS AND OBJECTIVES OF THE DEGREE PROGRAMME:
The general goals and objectives of Engineering training are expected to be in consonance with the realization of the national desires with respect to industrial development and high technology attainment. Consequently, the objectives of the engineering programme are to:
- develop the necessary skills, creative abilities, attitudes and expertise consistent with engineering design, communication and construction of engineering works and projects.
- adapt and improve on exogenous technology in order to enhance constructive techniques and the proper study and use of local raw materials.
- inculcate maintenance culture in the use of engineering artifacts.
- inculcate a responsible attitude towards demands made by the practice of engineering and risk implication of design and construction.
- install and maintain complex engineering system to enable them perform optimally in theNigerian environment.
- be able to exercise original thought, have good professional judgment and able to take responsibility for the direction of important assignment.
- be self employable.
- ensure therefore that engineering graduates from Igbinedion University are resourceful, creative, knowledgeable and capable of carrying out the following;
(a) to design engineering projects and supervise their construction
(b) to design and make electrical and electronics components, machines, equipment and systems
(c) to design and develop new products and production techniques in industries.
(d) to be good managers of people, money, materials, plants and machinery.